Saturday, May 1, 2010

New Water Bottler

While I was in Los Angeles, I met with a potential new water bottler.

I chose this supplier because they had a booth at a trade show where they showed off the new PLA bottle.

Now, what is that expression - perception isn't always reality?

The sales rep told me that they had packed some water in the PLA bottle, but that the bottle didn't work too well...it either leaked or some of the water in the bottle evaporated out...so that 16.9 ounces of water was actually 16.6 ounces. In walking through their warehouse, I saw that indeed this was the case.

So instead of trying to use the PLA bottle, I asked him about recycled plastic bottles. Those are indeed a possibility; they have now been approved for use in water bottles...but since they blow their own bottles, they would need to convert all of their bottles to recycled plastic....and for now, the recycled plastic costs more than virgin plastic.

I haven't made a decision about what to do yet...since distributors work 4 months in advance, we've missed the summer season on water. I will have to remember at Christmas to plan for water season.



Our new (hopefully) water bottler blows their own bottles. Here is a picture of what the mold looks like before it is blown...and after it is blown, it looks like a water bottle :)

No comments:

Post a Comment